Friday, October 30, 2009

1:20 Model





I used my model to explore both the structure of my project, as well as the internal spaces and how they relate to each other, and the relationship of the building with the road. The section is taken right through the depth of the building.
The ground floor structure consists of reinforced conctrete columns and beams holding up concrete slabs on one side, with a heavy loadbearing wall beside the road. The upper storey bedroom is contained by a timber frame wall with sliding glass doors onto a balcony that cantilevers out over the courtyard, and a stud partition wall. The roof structure consists of glulam timbers.
Another thing I explored in my model was the series of thresholds leading from the outside to the inside. The person passes from the open courtyard to the semi-contained space underneath the overhang the overhang, to the interior space behind the sliding glass screen doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment