Friday, October 30, 2009

When making this model, I wanted to examine the relationship between the retaining wall next to the road and the structure that formed the facade of my building. I wanted quite a heavy structure beside the road so I decided to use a stone wall. Circular steel sections would then support the timber roof on both sides. Between the steel sections, I decided to place polycarbonate sheets which would provide a certain level of transparency between the external path and the internal room.



Another structure idea I thought about, was using a concrete retaining wall that supported the roof structure. This concrete wall would take the shape as seen in the photo. In certain places, the form would be broken to allow light into the room. This concrete section would also form seats along the road at certain points.

No comments:

Post a Comment